Saturday, Feb. 13 Bottom of the Hill, San Francisco, 25th Anniversary. Surprises, free swag, lots of beer and more. Nice shout-out Off The Record: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/offtherecord/detail?blogid=59&entry_id=57041
20 Years of Polkacide by John Law on March 2, 2005 http://laughingsquid.com/20-years-of-polkacide/
* "Exhilarating show, manic pace -- Polkacide are the ultimate entertainers"
... LocalLive - Chicago
* "Don't miss this show ... explosive mix that sounds like the Sex Pistols on kishka!" ... Barfly Newspaper - Chicago
* "Polkacide is one of the great San Francisco freak bands... You will dance. You may in fact slamdance. This is a punk rock show, except they play polka. Fun!!!" ... Josh Wilson - SF Gate
* "Best Local band for Scnitzel, Dachshunds, and dancing ... " S.F. Bay Guardian - 2000 "Best of the Bay"
* "... the Being witnessed an astounding performance by San Francisco- based ten-piece Polkacide. ...the `Cide rocked the Burning Man ..." Strobe Magazine
* "Best place to Overindulge Polka ... " S.F. Bay Guardian - 1998 "Best of the Bay"
* " The best musical moment was San Francisco's Polkacide show Saturday night." Richard Von Busack(at Burning Man'95), Metroactive
* "...I've never seen an opener do that. They took over the room." ...Queenie Taylor, S.F. booking agent
* " And right on the cutting edge of this most misunderstood of polyrhythms is San Francisco's Polkacide, America's premier hardcore polka band." ...Amy Linden, Spin Magazine
* " Best party band: Polkacide... big fun!" ...San Francisco Focus
* "...It's the weirdest conglomeration of people but what they play is authentic, no frills polka." ...Milwaukee Shepard Express
* " It's like a disease...no, it's like an apocalypse...no, it's like your worst nightmare of a Midwestern family reunion! It's Polkacide." ... Music Calendar, S.F. Chronicle
* " ...These days a band called Polkacide is one of the hottest nightclub acts in Northern California." Fred Schuster, Associated Press
* " Something about this 11 piece polka band, Polkacide ... struck a nerve from the start with the local clubsters." Joel Selvin, San Francisco Chronicle
* " What started out as a joke in San Francisco has blossomed into something of a cult, selling out venues with punked up ...polka..." Interview Magazine
* " With San Francisco's own Polkacide...paving the path...could it be polka is really truly finally hip?" Lorry Fleming, BAM
* "... Another great moment in Rock & Roll - Polkacide at the Covered Wagon ... What a band!...thrashing the...out of every polka possible! Truly I have seen god..." Sadie O, The Great American Press
* "...(Polkacide's) music is polka, no less and only a little bit more. Sometimes the playing is a bit more intense, sometimes the tempos are a bit more careening ... but polka is polka and fun is fun." Glenn O'Brien, Interview Magazine